Gerindra Party lawmaker Andre Rosiade’s efforts to catch a prostitute in flagrante has drawn criticism from rights activists and watchdogs, who said that the West Sumatra politician’s stunt did little to address underlying social problems.On Jan. 26, Andre told West Sumatra Police that a sex worker was meeting a client in a Padang hotel room. The police’s cybercrime unit raided the room, where they arrested a 27-year-old woman, identified only as NN, who they suspected of being a prostitute. The police did not, however, arrest NN’s alleged client, who NN said had “used” her sexually.Saya bersama aparat kepolisian, membongkar kegiatan praktek prostitusi online di salah satu hotel di Kota Padang.Ini kedepan harus menjadi pelajaran dan bahan evaluasi bagi kita. Ini bukan PR polisi saja. Namun PR kita semua. pic.twitter.com/G2ctKoUh5W— Andre Rosiade (@andre_rosiade) January 27, 2020Andre recorded the aftermath of the raid and posted it to his Twitter account the following Monday, saying that the he and the police had “exposed the practice of online prostitution” at the hotel. He later said that a local resident had been the one to order NN’s services but that his aide had provided the hotel room where she was eventually arrested.He went on to say that the raid was important because online prostitution was rampant in Padang, and many people believed that it was one of the reasons why natural disasters hit the area.”Do we want earthquakes in Padang? Do we want tsunamis in Padang?” he asked on Wednesday, as quoted by kompas.com.Not everyone appreciated Andre’s accomplishment, however. The National Commission on Violence Against Women (Komnas PA), for example, condemned the raid and accused Andre of acting as a “morality police” and using NN for his own political benefit. “Sacrificing a prostitute automatically makes someone’s image look better by comparison,” Mariana Amiruddin, a Komnas PA commissioner said on Tuesday, as quoted by covesia.com. “[Andre’s] goal is not to overcome the real problem of prostitution, but rather it is to improve [his] image.” Fellow Komnas PA commissioner Siti Aminah Tardi echoed Mariana’s comments, adding that the Criminal Code’s article on prostitution was aimed at pimps rather than the sex workers themselves. “It’s odd that NN was arrested on a prostitution charge, because Article 298 [of the Criminal Code] is aimed at people who benefit from prostitution, and that means the pimps,” she said. Indonesian Ombudsman official Ninik Rahayu agreed with Siti, saying that the police should investigate whether or not the raid followed the proper procedures. “We are all agreed that we should eradicate human trafficking, but we shouldn’t forget about victim protection, and there certainly shouldn’t be any arbitrariness in the process,” Ninik said in a statement on Wednesday. Meanwhile, Padang women’s group Nurani Perempuan Women’s Crisis Center created an online petition calling for the West Sumatra Police to free NN.“NN is a victim and we support her,” the petition said.Andre, however, denied “trapping” the woman and said that the raid had followed the proper procedures.“The police will not name a person a suspect when there is not enough evidence,” Andre said, as quoted by covesia.com.NN, who is still in West Sumatra Police custody, said she hoped she would soon be free as she had left her child with her neighbor before she went to the hotel. (hol/kmt)Topics :
Promoted Content8 Things You Didn’t Know About Coffee8 Superfoods For Growing Hair Back And Stimulating Its Growth6 Interesting Ways To Make Money With A DroneThese Are The Best Stargazing Locations You Can Find On EarthCouples Who Celebrated Their Union In A Unique, Unforgettable Way10 Risky Jobs Some Women Do7 Universities In The World With The Highest Market Value6 Ridiculous Health Myths That Are Actually True7 Black Hole Facts That Will Change Your View Of The Universe7 Truly Incredible Facts About Black HolesTop 7 Best Car Manufacturers Of All Time13 kids at weddings who just don’t give a hoot South Florida real estate website The Real Deal has claimed that the Inter Milan loanee has forked out nearly £2million for a luxury apartment in a condominium at Sunny Isles Beach. His property is said to be just a 30-minute drive away from Miami, with records showing proof of the Chilean international’s purchase at the Ritz-Carlton Residences. Sanchez put himself in lockdown outside the Chilean capital Santiago before returning to Italy the weekend before last. Italian media have seized on the reported purchase as evidence that his future could lie in the US and David Beckham’s Inter Miami. He was first linked to Miami in September after admitting he’d love to play in the MLS at some point, but insisted he still had “five or six years” left at a good level in Europe. Reports at the weekend said Sanchez’s career was in limbo with the player unwanted by both Manchester United and Inter Milan. read also:South African model in Coronavirus lockdown with Sanchez He still has over two years left on his Old Trafford contract, though it remains to be seen where he will be playing next season. West Ham were said to have expressed an interest in signing him if the stumbling block of his high wages could be overcome, but nothing has come of it so far. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 It has also been stated that the 31-year-old would be given access to a private club on the 33rd floor of the 52-storey tower, which includes a beachfront restaurant, pool deck and full-service spa, as well as a fitness centre and wellness centre. An official website for the apartment block describes it as a “sumptuous urban oasis” of 212 condominium homes including four penthouses. The 649ft residential tower provides sweeping views of the Atlantic Ocean. According to The Real Deal, the Ritz-Carlton had declined to comment on the alleged purchase from Sanchez. Loading… Manchester United forward, Alexis Sanchez, has reportedly bought a beachside apartment near Miami.
DES MOINES, Iowa – His family and friends will have a lifetime of memories to share at Bill Davis Sr.’s celebration of life.Davis, 75 years old and a two-time IMCA Modified national champion, died Wednesday afternoon at Mercy Hospital in his hometown of Des Moines.The celebration of his very full life will be held Sunday, Jan. 14 from 1-4 p.m. at Hamilton’s Southtown Funeral Home, 5400 SW 9th Street in Des Moines. Those attending are welcome to wear racing shirts and bring stories and pictures to share.“Bill was another of the drivers who began racing an IMCA Modified in the early days of the division and really helped us lay the foundation for its success,” said former IMCA president Kathy Root, now chair of the sanctioning body’s executive committee. “He remains one of our most accomplished drivers. We extend our most sincere condolences to his family and friends.”Davis began racing an IMCA Modified in the mid-1980s. He won 27 features in 1989 and again in 1990 to become the first driver in division history to earn national crowns in back-to-back seasons.His total of 151 feature wins is now 11th on the all-time list for IMCA Modifieds. A seven-time track champion, Davis qualified for the main event at the IMCA Speedway Motors Super Nationals fueled on 10 occasions and finished in the top five in five of those events.He won the Race of Champions twice. Davis was elected to the inaugural Fast Shafts All-Star Invitational field and last competed at Super Nationals in 2004, driving son Bill Jr.’s car.Davis raced briefly in the early 1960s, returning to the sport to race a stock car, sportsman and late model before moving to the Modified and becoming one of IMCA’s winningest drivers.“Dad always told me ‘Racing is racing. It doesn’t matter as long as it’s got four wheels and a motor,’” Bill Jr. said, recounting some of his father’s success in unconventional as well as traditional dirt track divisions. “He would race anything.”Memorials in his name may be directed to ARDS Global Foundation, Animal Rescue League or American Cancer Society.
It’s only fitting that the best team of the 2018-19 NHL regular season scores the first goal of the 2019 NHL Stanley Cup playoffs, but to do it on a shorthanded breakaway is just showing off. It seems no one told Alex Killorn as that as that is just what he did to net the first goal of the postseason Wednesday night in Game 1 of the Tampa Bay Lightning vs. Columbus Blue Jackets matchup. Facing a penalty kill with just over four minutes gone in the first period, the seventh year forward stole the puck from Seth Jones at the Lightning’s blueline and broke in alone on Columbus’ goaltender Sergei Bobrovsky to ignite the offense for Tampa Bay.Killorn now has 21 goals in 65 playoff games. This was his first shorthanded goal in the postseason and the 13th in Tampa Bay playoff history.