Afghanistan : “No just and lasting peace in Afghanistan without guarantees for press freedom” News AfghanistanAsia – Pacific Help by sharing this information June 2, 2021 Find out more Reporters Without Borders has asked the US ambassador in Afghanistan, William Wood, to intervene on behalf of Claire Billet, a French journalist working for the independent Hamsa Press agency, who was notified by email on 17 May that she has been blacklisted by NATO’s International Security Assistance Force. Last month, she was arrested by private security guards and interrogated by US soldiers in Kabul.”Afghan and foreign journalists are already working in extremely difficult conditions without the international forces adding to their problems,” the press freedom organisation said. “We call on the US ambassador to intervene with the US-led Coalition and ISAF so that Billet can be accredited again.”A staff correspondent with Hamsa Press, Billet has been reporting in Afghanistan since January. Her work has been used by the European TV stations France 24 and Arte.Billet was arrested on 7 April while filming civil vehicles close to the ISAF headquarters in the Shashdarak district of Kabul for a report on security in Kabul that she was preparing for France 24. Those who arrested her were Afghan employees of a privately-owned security company contracted by the US army. They handed her over to US soldiers who interrogated her for four hours. Although she had ISAF accreditation, her footage and accreditation card were confiscated.Hamsa Press founders Emmanuel Razavi and Eric de Lavarène were themselves arrested by the US army in Afghanistan in September 2005 and September 2006. The first time, they were interrogated by CIA officers about their work in the country.Several journalists have told Reporters Without Borders that it is getting more and more difficult to film on the streets of Kabul because they are regarded with suspicion by the ISAF and Coalition troops and Afghan security company employees. Filming is completely banned in certain sectors of Kabul where special security measures are in force. AfghanistanAsia – Pacific RSF_en to go further Organisation News News RSF asks International Criminal Court to investigate murders of journalists in Afghanistan Receive email alerts Follow the news on Afghanistan May 23, 2007 – Updated on January 20, 2016 NATO force blacklists French journalist at US army’s behest May 3, 2021 Find out more News Situation getting more critical for Afghan women journalists, report says March 11, 2021 Find out more
Associated Press Texas A&M-CC seeks revenge on HBU For more AP college basketball coverage: https://apnews.com/Collegebasketball and http://twitter.com/AP_Top25___This was generated by Automated Insights, http://www.automatedinsights.com/ap, using data from STATS LLC, https://www.stats.com Share This StoryFacebookTwitteremailPrintLinkedinRedditHouston Baptist (4-24, 4-15) vs. Texas A&M-Corpus Christi (13-17, 9-10)American Bank Center, Corpus Christi, Texas; Saturday, 4:30 p.m. ESTBOTTOM LINE: Texas A&M-Corpus Christi seeks revenge on Houston Baptist after dropping the first matchup in Houston. The teams last played each other on Feb. 1, when Texas A&M-Corpus Christi made only 10 free throws on 18 attempts while the Huskies hit 24 of 31 on their way to the 82-77 victory. STEPPING UP: Texas A&M-Corpus Christi’s Myles Smith has averaged 13.6 points and 4.6 rebounds while Jordan Hairston has put up 11.4 points. For the Huskies, Ian DuBose has averaged 19 points and 7.4 rebounds while Jalon Gates has put up 15.4 points.KEY FACILITATOR: DuBose has either made or assisted on 41 percent of all Houston Baptist field goals over the last three games. The junior guard has 20 field goals and 19 assists in those games.ACCOUNTING FOR ASSISTS: The Islanders have recently used assists to create buckets more often than the Huskies. Texas A&M-Corpus Christi has 48 assists on 82 field goals (58.5 percent) over its previous three outings while Houston Baptist has assists on 53 of 94 field goals (56.4 percent) during its past three games.DID YOU KNOW: The Houston Baptist offense has scored 80.2 points per game, the 14th-highest figure in Division I. Texas A&M-Corpus Christi has only averaged 65.4 points per game, which ranks 278th nationally.___ March 5, 2020
“When you match quality with mentality, you become unstoppable.”City now need a maximum of four wins from their last nine league games to seal the title and even manager Pep Guardiola admitted he is surprised by the extent of City’s dominance. And the Italian’s negative approach came under scrutiny after the visitors failed to register a shot on target after he again opted to start without a recognised centre-forward by leaving Alvaro Morata and Olivier Giroud on the bench.“Today they showed the difference between them and us in this moment,” said Conte.“Twenty-five points is a big gap and I think that we can have a regret for the other games but not for this one.“The effort of the players was an important effort. When you play against Manchester City, this type of team, they are showing fantastic quality but also fantastic mentality. Manchester, United Kingdom | AFP | Chelsea manager Antonio Conte conceded his side were powerless against an “unstoppable” Manchester City who opened up an 18-point Premier League lead with a 1-0 home win on Sunday.Bernardo Silva scored the only goal of the match 35 seconds into the second half at the Etihad Stadium when he prodded home at the back post from David Silva’s low cross.Chelsea’s fourth defeat in five league games left Antonio Conte’s reigning English title-holders five points adrift of the top four. “No way. Who could believe it?” Guardiola said of his side amassing 78 points from 29 games. “I think if you ask the players, the players neither.”Guardiola celebrated wildly at the full-time whistle as he senses his first Premier League title is now a matter of weeks away.And he hailed his players’ relentlessness not to let up despite their mammoth lead.“I think we made an amazing performance because (it) is against Chelsea, the last champion.“We were aggressive, we had desire, we had commitment to show we want to do it again and again, and that’s why we won.”Share on: WhatsApp Pages: 1 2
Authorities in St. Lucie County have issued a mandate requiring the public to wear face coverings while in public places.The emergency order was established Monday after health officials identified 3,061 cases of COVID-19 in the area.“Our numbers have continually increased,” said Health Director for St. Lucie County Clint Spreber. “Protection increases when all people are wearing face coverings.”Under the order, those in the area are required to wear face coverings in all public buildings and businesses, as well as in outdoor areas when social distancing cannot be observed.Face mask must also be worn at indoor and outdoor restaurants at all times except for when “actively consuming food and beverages.”The mandate does not apply to children under the age of two or to those with severe medical conditions or disabilities that prevent them from wearing a mask.The mandate will remain in place for the next 30 days. Those who do not obey the order will be subjected to fines up to $125.