By Jon Zimney – February 27, 2021 1 334 Twitter IndianaLocalNewsSports Google+ Lucas Oil Stadium prepares for NCAA basketball tournament Google+ WhatsApp Previous articleReady to pay? Student loan deferments end in OctoberNext articleSouth Bend man arrested on numerous charges after leading troopers on chase Jon ZimneyJon Zimney is the News and Programming Director for News/Talk 95.3 Michiana’s News Channel and host of the Fries With That podcast. Follow him on Twitter @jzimney. (Jon Zimney/95.3 MNC) The football field is covered up inside Lucas Oil Stadium as the venue gets everything in order for the NCAA men’s basketball tournament, which is set to be contested throughout central Indiana next month.Lucas Oil Stadium director Eric Neuburger said the stadium is essentially being split in two for first and second-round games.“We’re going to operate like two distinct venues,” he told WISH-TV. “You will see a current that separates the two courts at the 50-yard line, as well as other ways that we separate the concourses.”Neuburger said this will make it easier for Lucas Oil staff members to keep everything clean as they make sure to try and prevent the spread of coronavirus.“The team at Lucas Oil Stadium is thrilled to be hosting this,” he added. Our staff has been waiting a long time to be putting on an event of this scale.”“We have the benefit of having a staff that came over from the Hoosier Dome and RCA Dome before this venue was built. There’s a lot of institutional knowledge of hosting Final Fours in those venues as early as 1991.”Lucas Oil will be allowing fans up to 25% capacity inside for tournament games. The stadium seats just north of 70,000 people.Selection Sunday is Mar. 14 and games will get going in the days that follow. First and second-round games will be played at Lucas Oil Stadium, Bankers Life Fieldhouse, Hinkle Fieldhouse, and Indiana Farmers Coliseum in Indianapolis, as well as Mackey Arena in West Lafayette and Assembly Hall in Bloomington. Facebook Pinterest Facebook Twitter WhatsApp Pinterest
The Immigration Administration will resume the detention of foreigners suspected of being in the country illegally, as well as withholding their passports.Last week, the government office reported that a constitutional challenge filed by several organizations supporting immigrants prevented them from apprehending foreigners suspected of being illegally in the country.However, the Constitutional Chamber of the Supreme Court, or Sala IV, made it clear that until the court rules on the legal challenge, only final decisions on immigrant status will remain paralyzed.The challenge presented to the Sala IV charges that some paragraphs from Articles 18 and 31 of the Immigration Act – which took effect in March 2010 – are unconstitutional. These rules allow the apprehension of immigrants and seizure of travel documents.Immigrant rights groups say the articles violate people’s fundamental rights. Facebook Comments No related posts.