Guyana and the Kyrgyz Republic (Kyrgyzstan) established diplomatic relations on Friday, September 23, 2016, with the signature of a Joint Communiqué in the margins of the 71st Session of the United Nations General Assembly.The Communiqué was signed by Carl Greenidge, Vice President and Minister of Foreign Affairs, and Erlan Abdyldaev, Minister of Foreign Affairs of Kyrgyz Republic.Guyana’s Foreign Affairs Minister Carl Greenidge and Kyrgyz’s Minister of Foreign Affairs Erlan Abdyldaev after signing a Joint CommuniquéThe Communiqué now provides a framework for Guyana and Kyrgyz Republic to begin exploring areas of mutual interest. Minister Greenidge expressed satisfaction with this step taken by the two countries, noting that the Communiqué allows for more bilateral interaction including economic cooperation.The Foreign Minister of Kyrgyz Republic in echoing these sentiments said that his Government is interested in having a mutually supportive relationship with Guyana, the Guyana Ministry of Foreign Affairs disclosed in a press statement.Kyrgyz Republic is located in Central Asia and was part of the Soviet Union before gaining independence in 1991. The country is rich in natural resources and has vast potential for the development of industrial production, hydropower, agriculture and tourism.The establishment of diplomatic relations with Kyrgyz Republic is part of the wider thrust of the Government of Guyana to pursue new partnerships with the aim of advancing the country’s economic growth and development.
A 79-year-old resident of the Palms on Brickdam, Georgetown, who is an ex-prison officer and the holder of a licensed firearm, is now in Police custody after he threatened to kill a male nurse at the facility.Reports are that at about 20:15h on Friday, the elderly man and the nurse had a misunderstanding and the nurse walked away. However, dissatisfied with the altercation, the 73-year-old went for his handgun and cornered the nurse in the stairway. According to the Police, the nurse managed to disarm the angry man before he called the Police, who arrived and took possession of the firearm. The 79-year-old was arrested, and an investigation is ongoing.
FORT ST. JOHN, B.C. – The Fort St. John Northern Metalic Flyers were back at it yesterday against the Peace River Sabres. The team got off to a bit of a slow start but were able to pull things together in the final 40 minutes for a 4-2 win.The Sabres got on the board first at the midway point of the period, and after the Flyers tied the game as the frame progressed Peace River got the lead back just before the intermission with four seconds left.Trailing as play got back underway in the second the Flyers wasted no time turning the tables. They tied the game just over four minutes after play resumed and added another two goals with 8:40, and 1:46 left respectively.- Advertisement -Scoring for the Flyers were Connor Bowie (2), Connor Kindrat, and Cooper Beamish.
It is unclear how much that well-publicized incident played into the decision by a three-person panel, but club officials acknowledged it was used against Beimel during Friday’s hearing in Phoenix. The panel rendered its decision on Saturday. “Certainly, it was a part of his season,” Dodgers general manager Ned Colletti said. “We would have been remiss in not mentioning it, considering the impact it had on the team, on the organization and on the fans.” The Dodgers now have about $103 million, including signing bonuses, committed to 18 players for this season. firstname.lastname@example.org (818) 713-3607 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! Beimel was an important figure in the Dodgers’ run to the National League wild card last year and also brought a professional attitude to the clubhouse. Beimel, called to the majors on May 1, stayed the rest of the season and posted a 2.96 ERA in 62 appearances in what easily was his best season. But after cutting himself in that Manhattan bar on Oct. 3 – and after initially telling team officials the incident happened in his hotel room – Beimel was sent back to Los Angeles for treatment. He apologized to teammates in a closed-door meeting before Game 3 of the NLDS, but was sent home from Dodger Stadium by Colletti and manager Grady Little. Beimel later expressed public remorse over the incident, and Dodgers officials made it clear all was forgiven. But when the sides couldn’t agree on a contract – Beimel made $425,000 last year and was seeking $1.25 million this year – the Dodgers were free to rehash the incident in their first arbitration hearing in three years. Colletti and assistant general manager Kim Ng said they each shook hands with Beimel before and after the hearing. His agent, Joe Sroba, said he called Ng shortly after the decision came down to congratulate her and Colletti, and Ng confirmed she received such a call. The Dodgers made a last-ditch effort to avoid arbitration with a final offer slightly above the club’s filing number just after the parties arrived in Phoenix on Thursday night. Sroba said “it wasn’t tempting,” but both sides said there never were any talks about a multi-year contract. The Dodgers had forgiven Joe Beimel. But that didn’t mean they had forgotten. Four months after the left-handed reliever cut his pitching hand on a glass while drinking in a bar two nights before the club’s playoff opener – making him unavailable for what became a three-game sweep by the New York Mets – the Dodgers won their arbitration case against Beimel, who will be paid $912,500 this season.
Steve Bruce bemoaned the red card given to Gaston Ramirez in Hull City’s 2-1 defeat to Tottenham, claiming the decision changed the whole complexity of the match.The on-loan Southampton midfielder kicked out at Jan Vertonghen after the pair came together at the start of the second half, with the Tigers leading the match 1-0.But Bruce believes the incident did not warrant a red card, saying it was a moment of petulance from the 23-year-old rather than violent conduct, while also criticising the Spurs defender’s reaction to the incident.“There was a bit of provocation,” said Bruce. “He [Ramirez] thought it was a free-kick and he didn’t get it.“Vertonghen’s gone over and I’d be really disappointed as a centre half, and he is a top player, to go over like he did.“I can’t say anything about the referee because he [the linesman] is in his ear to say that it is a red card.“It’s hard enough to win with eleven let alone ten and it [red card] just changes the whole complexity and spectacle because it was a really decent game.”
“Further to the injury sustained during our match at Manchester United on Wednesday night, we can confirm that Rob Holding has ruptured the anterior cruciate ligament of his left knee,” said a statement on arsenal.com.“Rob will undergo surgery to repair this in the coming days. The rehabilitation process is expected to take between six to nine months.“Everyone at the club will now be working as hard as we can to ensure Rob is back on the pitch as soon as possible.”Holding began his career with Bolton before joining Arsenal as a 20-year-old in 2016. He has been a consistent member of the Gunners’ back four under Emery this season, starting 15 games.The defender wrote on Twitter: “Just want to say a big thank you to all the fans, players and staff members for the support during the past couple of days. Gutted to get injured during a strong period for the team.”Emery tweeted: “We’re having a good week even if it’s being tough because of the injuries -you’ll get well soon and stronger Rob!-, but now let’s keep going forward and focused on @htafcdotcom to make it a great week end. Together we are stronger… @Arsenal !”0Shares0000(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today) 0Shares0000Arsenal defender Rob Holding receives medical attention at Old Trafford © AFP/File / Oli SCARFFLONDON, United Kingdom, Dec 7 – Arsenal defender Rob Holding is set to miss the rest of the season after the Premier League club on Friday announced he had sustained cruciate ligament damage.The 23-year-old suffered the knee injury during the first half of Wednesday’s 2-2 draw with Manchester United at Old Trafford, which left Unai Emery’s side fifth in the table.
The agent of Manchester United and Chelsea target Paul Pogba has received more than 2000 phone calls about his client so far this season but he insists he has not yet received the right offer.Both Premier League clubs are keen on a deal for the in-demand Frenchman, who has also attracted the interest of Real Madrid and Paris Saint-Germain.Pogba, who left United in 2012, has emerged as one of the best midfielders of his kind in world football since breaking into the Juventus first team three seasons ago.And he will not come cheap with reports suggesting that any deal could break the current £86m world record transfer fee paid by Real Madrid for Gareth Bale in 2013.Super agent Mino Raiola, who represents 22-year-old Pogba, said: “How many phone calls have I received for him since the beginning of the year? Over 2000.“I receive almost 20 per day. The right offer? Not yet. I received many offers of commitment, but nothing that justifies a wedding.“We signed a new five-year contract, but we are all gentlemen. If the right offer arrives for Pogba and for Juve, he will leave.” Juventus star Paul Pogba 1
ENCINO – Caltrans crews cleared dirt and rocks that spilled onto two lanes of the Ventura (101) Freeway this morning, causing a motorist’s morning commute headache. Someone called the CHP to report the spill just before 8 a.m. in the lanes closest to the shoulder of the westbound 101 Freeway near Balboa Boulevard. The lanes were shut down and the commuters were backed up for about a quarter mile, said CHP Officer Francisco Villalobos. The dirt spilled out of a box truck with a number of 146. Villalobos did not know whether the truck driver or a witness called in the spill. The lanes reopened before 10 a.m. For the latest news and observations on crime in Los Angeles and the San Fernando Valley, check out the Daily News’ crime blog by clicking here. 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set!
A soldier has been remanded in custody again after appearing in court in Letterkenny charged with having explosives.Irish Soldier Mark Cassidy leaving Letterkenny courthouse. (NWNewspix)Private Mark Cassidy, 29, appeared at Letterkenny District Court this morning. No bail was sought by Cassidy’s solicitor, Eugene Burns, and the case has been put back until March 24th.Inspector Goretti Sheridan told Letterkenny District Court that directions in the case had still not ben received from the Director of Pubic Prosecutions.Cassidy, of Grianan Vale, Ballyederowen, Burnfoot, faces two charges of possessing explosives at the same address on Monday February 19th.He is charged with having an explosive substance and also possessing 87 twelve gauge shotgun cartridges.Cassidy, wearing a green jumper, dark trousers and in handcuffs, said nothing during the brief appearance.GARDAI STILL AWAITING DIRECTIONS IN CASE OF SOLDIER CHARGED WITH HAVING EXPLOSIVES was last modified: March 3rd, 2014 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:explosivesMARK CASSIDYsoldier
DDTV: You just can’t sink the children of St Francis National School in Donegal Town. In fact you might just say their ‘float’ at this year’s Donegal Town St Patrick’s Day parade gave everyone else that sinking feeling.That’s because ‘Titanic’ by St.Francis National School won the overall entry this year.Around 70 children and parents took part.The scale of the model made for the parade was 1/25th of the original ship. Maith sibh! DDTV VIDEO: HOW ST FRANCIS NATIONAL SCHOOL SUNK THE OPPOSITION WITH TITANIC FLOAT! was last modified: March 20th, 2012 by BrendaShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:DDTV VIDEO: HOW ST FRANCIS NATIONAL SCHOOL SUNK THE OPPOSITION WITH TITANIC FLOAT!