Already the finals of Rift Valley, Eastern and Nyanza have been held where the winners of both the boys and girls categories waiting for the national finals that will be held in March in Nairobi.Four boys teams will take part in the North Eastern finals with the winning team walking away with a cash reward of Sh200, 000 and an opportunity to play in the national grand finale set for March this year.The four teams include; Jamia FC from Mandera, Ifpro from Garissa, Al-Hayat from Wajir and Jack Boys from Dadaab.“The tournament has been a success across the country right from the group stages as young players showcase their football prowess. We look forward to the same vigor from the North Eastern teams,” said Nick Mwendwa, Football Kenya Federation President.Over 300 games were played across North Eastern with 102 teams taking part in the matches that kicked off on 18th November 2017.“We are proud to be part of a competition that will produce the next generation of footballers for both local and foreign clubs as well as the national team. Already, we have seen success stories with David Majak who was the top scorer in the Rift finals and Fredrick Krop both from Kapenguria Heroes earning positions to play for a local premier league club,” Sylvia Mulinge, the Director -Consumer Business, Safaricom, said.At the grand finale, the winning teams will walk away with Sh1 million each and an opportunity to go for an international training and mentorship camp in London in April this year.Kapenguria Heroes and Tar Tar Girls from Rift, Mwingi Junior Academy and Ngakaa Talent Academy from Eastern and Ombek red Devils and Plateau Queens from Nyanza are the teams that have qualified for the grand finale so far.Coast, Western, Central and Nairobi regions are also scheduled to hold their regional finals in the next few weeksSafaricom has invested Sh100m towards the program which includes Sh10m worth of prizes as well as funds for renovation of select community pitches through a legacy programme.0Shares0000(Visited 2 times, 1 visits today) 0Shares0000The four teams include; Jamia FC from Mandera, Ifpro from Garissa, Al-Hayat from Wajir and Jack Boys from Dadaab. Photo/COURTESYNAIROBI, Kenya, Jan 4 – After taking a break, the Chapa Dimba Na Safaricom football tournament resumes this weekend with the North Easter region finals that will be played at the Garissa University.This will be the fourth regional final of the youth tournament which aims at scouting for talent, developing grassroots football, and ultimately propelling gifted players to the national team.
A HEARTBROKEN mother whose son was battered to death by a hammer-wielding Donegal Town man has said his conviction for murder has been a “relief” for the family.Following the convictions of Derek Johnston, his two sons and a fourth man, Mr Amar’s mother Flora Amar, from London, and his uncle Zafar Ismail, said in a statement: “The news that all four men have been convicted of Shaleem’s murder has been received with a sigh of great relief by his family and friends after 13 months of so torturous and agonising waiting.“Both of us on behalf of all the family and friends would like to express our deep gratitude and great appreciation for the prosecution barristers, Noel Lucas QC and Matthew Walsh for their professionalism and passion for justice, police family liaison officers Densel McIntosh and Melanie Ward for their loving care and dedication, and also Det Sgt Mark Davis and the investigation team for their meticulous hard work and dedication on this case.” Yesterday donegaldaily.com revealed that Johnston is on suicide watch after being told he must serve a minimum 28 years behind bars for the brutal killing in England last November.https://www.donegaldaily.com/2011/12/28/donegal-killer-on-suicide-watch-as-he-insists-im-innocent/© 2011 donegaldaily.com, all Rights ReservedThe copying, republication or redistribution of donegaldaily.com Content, including by framing or similar means, is expressly prohibited by law.Follow us on www.twitter.com/donegaldailyFollow us on www.facebook.com/donegaldailySell anything on www.donegaldailyclassifieds.comHAMMER HORROR CASE: ‘I’M GLAD DONEGAL TOWN MAN IS BEHIND BARS FOR LIFE’ was last modified: December 28th, 2011 by BrendaShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:convicted of murderderek johnston donegal town